Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quote of the Month

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt
I like to believe we are all stronger and more capable than we think we are. With starting my business recently, there have been numerous occasions to which I've had to confront my fears and uncertainties. That truly is the scariest part for me...not knowing what will come next. How will this show be? Will I sell enough this month? Did I fill that form out right? What should I do next?
But you know what? That is also what makes owning a business exciting. The amazing little surprises that come along. When all of your hard work pays off. The first time a new piece sells. Being featured on a great blog. Getting into a show I really wanted at the last minute. Those are the surprises that keep me going. They make me willing to look fear in the face.

Stunning images by Lara Jade Photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails