Monday, August 6, 2012

Behind the Scenes, Arrow Necklace and Earrings

I'd been wanting to make something with a bit of a tribal theme to it for awhile now, and decided to sketch up a hand carved arrow design. I made the sketches for the piece back in January and put it on my 'to do' list of new designs I wanted to make. Then, March rolls around and I pretty severely injure my knee...so the design gets put on the back-burner for a bit longer. In fact, I sort of forgot about it altogether. After my knee surgery, I decided to read the Hunger Games to keep myself busy during recovery...and instantly realized I just had to make that design! Yep, I am a bit embarrassed to admit it, but the Hunger Games reminded me to get back in the studio and get to work. Hey, whatever works...right?
A little insight on the making of my new Arrow Necklace and Earrings:
The finished product is a beautiful hand carved arrow, available in brushed sterling silver or oxidized black silver. Arrow necklace seen below in brushed silver:
Arrow Earrings seen in brushed sterling silver:
Arrow Necklace in oxidized sterling silver:
I really love this arrow both in the brushed silver and oxidized silver layered together:
And since I'm in a tribal sort of mood, I browsed the web for inspiring images. I found these stunning photos of Daria Werbowy from the March 2010 Vogue:
The Arrow Necklace and Earrings will be available on the website soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails